Please note that each abstract will be reviewed by the POC to ensure that it meets the requirements for scientific merit and original data.
Important Note: It is a condition of having your abstract accepted and included in the Conference Program that you are a registered and paid delegate.
The registration system encourages you to register at the same time as submitting your abstract, but it is not essential – you are able to submit an abstract without completing the registration process at this time.
All abstracts should be submitted with less than 300 words.
Abstracts are reviewed by the ANZBMS Abstract Reviewing Committee. During the submission process, you will be asked to confirm you have read and understand the requirements of the ANZBMS regarding the submission of your abstract.
Abstracts can be submitted for an oral presentation, poster presentation or both oral and poster. It is possible that submitters nominate to present an oral presentation but receive a poster (or plenary poster) presentation.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL ORAL PRESENTATIONS AT ANZBMS 2019 WILL BE RECORDED AND PUBLISHED ON ARMCHAIR MEDICAL (https://www.armchairmedical.tv/) POST CONFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR PRESENTATION RECORDED PLEASE SELECT THE APPROPRIATE TICK BOX ON YOUR CONSENT FORM. PLEASE ALSO ADVISE THE CAMERA MAN NOT TO RECORD YOUR PRESENTATION.
If you are a student or ECR you will need to indicate this in the submission process to be eligible for Student/ECR awards.
ANZBMS Awards & Travel Grants
- ANZBMS Highest Rated Student Abstract Award -Applications close: 5 July 2019
- ANZBMS Mid-Career Fellowship -Applications close 1 September 2018
- ANZBMS International Travel Award - Applications close 23 November 2018
- Roger Melick Young Investigator Award - Applications close: 5 July 2019
- Amgen-ANZBMS Outstanding Abstract Award - Applications close: 5 July 2019
- Christopher & Margie Nordin Young Investigator Poster Award - Applications close: 5 July 2019
- ANZBMS Kaye Ibbertson Award for Bone and Mineral Medicine - Applications close: 5 July 2019
- ANZBMS Clinical Research Excellence Award - Applications close: 5 July 2019
- Sol Posen Research Award - Applications close: 5 July 2019
- The ANZBMS Career Achievement Award - Applications close: 1 May 2019
- ANZBMS Travel Grants - Applications close: 5 July 2019
- Christine & T. Jack Martin Research Travel Grant - Applications close: 20 August 2019
*For the official application process, please visit the ANZBMS society website here.
ANZBMS Abstract Submissions
ANZBMS categories for abstract submission are:
* Basic Science
Submitting an Abstract
- Abstracts cannot contain more than 300 words in the main body of the abstract. The word limit does not include data within the heading and authorship details.
- Abstracts can be submitted for either oral or poster presentation.
- You can include one graphic, table or figure within the main body of your abstract.
- Please note, it is possible that some requests for an oral presentation may receive a poster (or plenary poster) presentation.
- You can nominate for your abstract's content to not be published online during the submission process.
The submission process is online from the same profile you create for registration. It will work with any contemporary browser and the system will let you know if there is a problem with your browser version. When ready, you should open your document so you can cut and paste into the online system. Please do not work from .pdf files. The steps are straight forward and the abstract builds online as you paste in so you can check it is as you wish.
The benefits of this system are many but include:
i. Allowing you to preview your abstract and make modifications to your satisfaction.
ii. Ensuring you know your lodgement is completed as you will receive an immediate email confirmation
iii. Ensuring accurate indexing of all authors in the abstract book
iv. Ensuring consistent presentation of all abstracts in the proceedings (overarching formatting is imposed).
Note that your abstract will not be included in the program if you do not register and pay for your registration.
When you've finished the submission
You will receive a confirmation email with after your Abstract Submission has been successfully submitted. You can view or edit your abstract by returning to your Currinda profile. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact ASN Events.
Changes can be made to your abstract until the scoring process begins. Just return to your Conference Dashboard and select the Edit option under Abstracts. The edit option will no longer appear once scoring has commenced.
Email notification of programming decisions will come from the secretariat shortly after the expiry of deadlines and the working program will be posted to the web site. It will also appear on your Currinda profile. The notification will include specific presentation instructions but in the interim, those preparing posters (or plenary) should note the maximum size allowed is 100cm wide by 120cm deep. Velcro will be available to fix the poster to the boards.
A couple of weeks before the meeting, the final program will be published to this web page along with hyperlinks to the abstracts. The abstracts will also be available on the conference ‘App’.